Friday, May 31, 2013

Stranger in a Strange Land...

Lost in a daydream
What do you see?
If you're looking for Jesus
Get on your knees

30 Seconds to Mars

Do you ever feel like a stranger in your own life?  As if the life you've always known, the one you built isn't really yours.  

If you've ever suffered from mental health problems then you'll probably understand very quickly what it is I'm asking you...one day it's your life and the next it's as if you've woken up in someone else's.  The pieces just don't quite fit anymore.  At least not the way you remember.


My fight with PTSD and depression have at times completely taking over everything else.  There are days that I don't remember what it's like not to feel sad or guilty or as if my heart is going to crawl out of my throat...I am not the person I once was.  I am the pieces of that person shattered over thousands of miles, picked up a glued back together like a mosaic.  I am the pieces of that girl, that women, that mom, that wife...I am the pieces left over that did not disintegrate.  

I am often a stranger in my own life, a strange in a strange land...  

No comments:

Post a Comment