Sunday, June 2, 2013

I am a Christian...

So in case any of you were wondering...I am a Christian.  This is something that defines who I am.  Now I know that saying this out loud can lead some people in my life to say that they no longer want to be part of it and that's okay.  I'd rather you not want to be part of my life because you really know who I am, than pretend like I'm something I'm not and have friends.  

What does it mean to be a Christian?  For a lot of people it means a lot of different things.  Here's what it means to me though.  It means that even if I don't agree with you or you're lifestyle choices, it is not my job to pass judgement on you.  It is my job to pray for you, whether you ask for it or not, and to be your friend.  It means that I am a sinner, I am imperfect, only through Christ will I be the person He means for me to be.  It means that I will forever be working to be the type of Christian He wants me to be.

I am not perfect, I have never said I was and I will never say I am.  I have made choices in my life that were wrong and that were against everything that God says.  While I could share those choices here, I am choosing not to.  I have shared them with God on many occasions.  I share them daily.  

I know that I will be judged based on my decision to be so forward with my beliefs and that's okay. God has said that His people will be persecuted for our beliefs and I am okay with that.  I have for a long time not told people I am a Christian.  I have lived a life of quiet praise, not wanting to offend those around me with my beliefs.  In doing that though I have made it okay for those people to thrust their beliefs on me.  I no longer believe that it's okay to do that.  

I will no longer live in fear of what others think, or of what they may say.  I will not force my beliefs on you, but if you ask I will share.  I will pray when I want to.  I will read my Bible when I want to.  I will study my devotions when I want to.  I will awaken each morning to share my first minutes with the Lord.  I owe Him that time.  He has provided so much to me.

He has given me a Husband who loves me despite my inadequacies.  He has given me parents who support me every step of the way.  He has given me children who are the lights of my life.  He has given me friends who know what I believe, share that belief with me and love me for me.  I am truly a blessed lady.  

My life is mine only because of the Lord.  I will worship Him daily and praise the joys and sorrows He provides.  I hope that as my friends each of you will embrace me for who I am and will not judge me because of my beliefs.  I am a Christian!


"But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31 ESV

1 comment: