Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Struggling...

This is for those of you who are bloggers...how did you get started?  I feel like each time I write a new blog I am off in another direction.  Never quite sure what the theme of my blog is or how to actually make it look a little more professional.  I feel like a fish out of water I guess.

So how did you get started?  What prompted you to begin writing and how did you choose your topic?  I know that some of you have found your "thing" and I'm a little jealous:).  I thought in the beginning my blog would be about my faith, then it was Type 1, now I just don't know.  Every day brings something new to blog about.  Maybe I'm just not meant to be a theme blogger...

The fact of the matter is that I am a person who is all over the place in real life too.  I have a diverse set of things I love.  I love to read, my faith, my children, my husband, cooking, clothes, SHOES, etc...
The list could potentially go on and on. So how to find the one thing that you guys would be interested in reading about.  How to find the one thing that I could focus on.

Maybe I just need to keep writing whatever comes to mind until I find the thing that seems right for me.  Maybe I just need to stop blogging...lol...not really, it's kind of cathartic to get things out in the open.  Maybe I just need to go with the flow and stop allowing my anxiety to dictate my need to find a theme.

Advice is appreciated...it's welcomed...it's needed :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl:) I just started writing. What really irritated me, was that when I wrote about T1, it got the most hits. I am still trying to figure out why it bothers me. I sometimes feel like my worth piggy-tails on the back of my child's disease. I don't like that, and I am looking to make a separation and deal with my own issues.
    I have some blog posts that have 5 views, and some that have almost a thousand. I don't really have a theme, besides mental health. MY mental health, and it turn, it seems to be helping others, which is awesome. Your central theme could be combat related PTSD and being a woman. I am sure sometimes shoe shopping or any normal activity can bring hidden triggers to light that civilian women don't think about. I have non-combat related PTSD and I know some of the dumbest things trigger me.

    Getting a following is tough, but it is almost like a part time job. I do lots of blog hops and network with others who have similar issues as me.

    Do not even think about stopping writing. Just continue being honest. It just takes a few of the right people to see your blog for it to take off. I don't even know how my page got to over 800. Invite everyone. Take a chance. They can either ignore it or join. :)

    ReplyDelete