Monday, August 19, 2013

It's baaaaack...

The long awaited medical board is back.  It's time for me to start making plans for the future and figuring out how to be a civilian again.  It's time to begin a new chapter in my story.

I was told last week that I have approximately 60 days before I am officially a civilian again.  I haven't been a civilian in 14 years.  I haven't attempted to work in the "real" world in that length of time. I'm not sure I even remember how.  I have lived and breathed the military for 14 years.  I have given them my blood, sweat and tears.  Now it's time for me to figure out how to do the same for myself and my family.

My husband and I have lots of planning to do.  I start school this Wednesday.  That's right I'm going back to school.  I finally made a grown up decision about what I wanted to be when I grew up.  I'm going to school to become a nurse.  It'll be a long hard road, but in the end it will be worth it.  Right now I'm going to attend at night, we'll see how it goes.  I'm hopeful that I can do it.

I'm also going to begin homeschooling our oldest son.  I strongly believe that it's something I'm being led to do, that's it's something God has placed on  my heart and will hopefully repair some of the damage in my son.  I just want him to be a happy little boy again.

My anxiety about this new stage in life is overwhelming, but I'm going to breath and push through.  I'm not going to give in and allow  myself to quit.  I'm going to be successful at this.  It may feel impossible at times, but it's going to happen.  I can do this.  I can be happy and successful.  I can push the anxiety and fear aside and make something of my life.

With God's help I can do anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment