Sunday, October 13, 2013

Our Government...

As each day passes and our elected officials are no closer to coming to a resolution among themselves I am becoming more and more despondent.  Our nation was forged on the ideals of the American dream.  A dream that is now in tatters for so many.

Each day we watch as the individuals we elected become less and less interested in helping the American people and more and more interested in their own agenda.  We watch as they argue among themselves with no real thought of how their actions are affecting those people who put voted them into their positions.

It's like watching my children fight over the remote for the T.V.  At some point they forget what it was they even wanted to watch and the fight is merely about who is in control of the remote.  Our government is so wrapped up in who is right and wrong, that they are missing the real point entirely.  They are making themselves and the American people as a whole look like bumbling idiots.

I watch as they bicker over who's idea it was to implement certain procedures, who's idea it was to implement Obamacare, who's idea it was to vote certain ways...how about they come together and make some decisions that will put us all back on the right track.  How about they stop worrying about which party is right and start focusing on how to fix this astronomical mess they have placed us in.

As a military member who is getting ready to retire I am fearful of what the future holds for me and my family.  Will I receive the benefits I was promised as a medical retiree?  Will my husband and I be able to financially take care of our children without losing our house, our vehicles, our sanity?  Will we be able to support them on the income we were promised?

Will our medical coverage take care of our special needs children?  Will we even continue to receive medical coverage at a rate we can afford?  Are our elected officials ever going to start hearing what we the people are actually saying or are they going to continue to listen only to themselves?

I am proud to be an American.  I am proud to be from a country. I am not proud of our current government and how these issues are being handled.  We as a people need to stand up and make our voices heard.  We need to ensure that we people we helped make it to government office understand that we are the only reason they are there and we can choose not to allow them to make poor choices for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment