Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Fear and it's effects...

As an individual living with anxiety and PTSD, I know all to well the effects of fear on your life.  I am coming to a crossroads not only for myself, but for my family as well and it is terrifying.

I am going to retire from the military in less than two months and I have no prospects for a future job.  My family will suffer because of my retirement and that scares me.  It terrifies me.  It makes me second guess  myself.

Would it be possible to pull of a full recovery and return to a job that kept my family going?  It is possible to downsize enough to manage our lives without two full-time pay checks? Is it time to give up on school, send my son back to public school, and get a full-time 9-5 job?

All of these things are running through my head and I have no way to see if any of them are viable options.  Let me rephrase that, of course I have ways to see if they are viable, but am I, are we willing to do the things we need to see where they go?

I love being home during the day, I love seeing my children as soon as they get home from school and help with their homework.  I love being a stay-at-home Mom in a way that I never thought I would.  Is it viable though?  Can I work from home and still be a full-time stay at home Mom?  Can I make this work?

Lord please let me make the best decision for my family!  Please put your arms around me and guide me to the decision we need to make as a family!  Be with us Lord, lead, guide and direct us.  In your name I pray...amen!

1 comment:

  1. You CAN make it work! :) God will provide as you seek His direction and help. There may be sacrifices, but they will be worth it.

    ReplyDelete